Monday, March 22, 2010

Nicholas.

I know we haven't spoken in so long. It's quite regrettable we aren't friends like we thought we'd be. You were pretty cool in younger days. That said, we aren't friends. So why should I care about you? Well, Nick. We've been through a lot in our two-year run. And I must admit, I still care about what happens to you as a person. You're one of the guys from the original "Group." And I've known you for so long. It's not like I'm going to hope you have an absolutely horrid life. I'm over all the drama that went on so long ago. This is just me. Talking. To you.

I felt that this would be a better way to get this all out. I understand if you think this isn't my place. You have every right to think that. Just...listen.

I heard you were thinking about marriage. And while I think marriage is a joyous event and a landmark in anyone's life, you're too young. This is your nineteenth birthday. You just graduated high school last year. It's way too soon to be thinking about things like that. You might be big Navy man now but you're still young. Go to concerts. Get wasted. Try and start a band or something.

Marriage is a huge thing. I don't know how in love you and Caitlin are right now. But young love is a fickle thing. Maybe (I'm not saying this because I'm the ex) you need some time away from her? I'm not saying break up with her. I'm saying take a few days to be alone and think. About everything. What if this isn't the right choice? What if, in a few years, maybe even a few months, you realize you can't be with her? Do you really want to deal with a messy divorce when you're still in your early twenties?

Again, what right do I have to dictate your life? I don't have any. But I'm giving you my opinion. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Nick, I'm begging you to reconsider. Or at least wait. But don't rush to such a hasty decision. Not now, oh please not now. I know you. You have a lot more potential. Don't let a latent mistake define who you are.

PS-Why didn't you tell Kirsten right away? She's your sister. I know you two aren't as close as me and Kyle are but she is still your blood. And she has a right to know these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment